Getting a good web hosting service is extremely essential! Imagine your website getting down the moment you are at a meeting, showing your magazine based website to your client. Do you think he will be attracted to your luring offer?
There are certain key points to consider to choose the right web hosting service for you!
1. Monthly/Annual charges: I think this is the first thing people consider while searching for a good host provider. You do not want to spend a lot and then keep paying charges for add-ons and protection plans throughout the year. You need a package that is cost efficient and reliable. Before choosing a web hosting service, do check put the sign up and renewal plans.
2. Packages with good resource package: RAM, I/O, bandwidth and other resources can max out any time of the day and you may screw up an important moment. It’s important to figure out how much traffic you can possibly get on your website and then skim through all the packages that meet your need.
3. Add-ons that charge some extra bucks: it’s important to note here that no all add-on services are prompted up in front of you so that a host provider could sell more. Yes, they have their strategies but add-ons like domain specific email, a secure server using https:// especially if you are running an e-commerce website, backup and restore option and some web statistics to know how much traffics hits your website each day. It’s important for medium-scale businesses to spend on these services which in return can get you customer loyalty and make your business look more professional.
4. Discount coupons: discount always attracts! Choose a host provider that sends out monthly emails to the clients, distributing discount coupons so that they become your regular customers, recommend it to others and do not regret getting themselves registered with that particular host provider in the first place.
5. User friendly hosting control panel: You need to use the control panel quite often for FTP services, database creation, backup, email account creation associated with your website and etc. it’s important that the UI is friendly to incorporate all the needs of the users on time.
6. Add on domains on a single hosting package: if you are paying $120 per year on a hosting plan, it’s not very economical to host just a single website at this cost. There are many additional charges for marketing, AdSense etc so you do not want all your budget money to go on in hosting expense. Choose a hosting service which lets you host multiple add-on domains using a single package.
7. A good customer service: You often have to stay over the phone with your host providers to solve millions of different issues that would sprout daily. This process is easier if the host provider offers a good customer service and helps the struggling customers through all the phases. It’s a plus if these host providers have a live chat system. At the end of the day, you want your website functional and that’s only achievable with a dedicated customer service team on board.
There are a lot of things you learn after your first experience of web hosting. But do your research and ask around to make your first experience unexpectedly better!